Thursday 24 March 2016

Review: bareMinerals Lovescape Collection

Hello!

So as some of you may know, I work for bareMinerals on one of their counters. I'm a Counter Manager and I bloody love my job! I've been with them for almost 4 years and I wouldn't change a thing right now. Having said that, I will now point out that I've not been paid for this post, all opinions are my own and I brought all of this with my own money. Disclaimer over, let's get on with it!

So, as I said, I've been with bareMinerals for almost 4 and every February/March they have a different collection come out. The first year it was the most beautiful blue packaging with bright colours in, the second year was a lovely rose gold collection and last year was the modern pop collection and then this year it's the Lovescape collection. All the previous years have had hits and misses for me personally but this years collection is just purely beautiful all round I think! From the boxes to the gold packaging to the actual colours, it's all just one hit to another for me! So let's have a little look shall we...



You can't tell me you don't love that ombre outer packaging! 
Side note: the bareSkin bronzer is a deluxe sample and not the full size product! (obviously...)


So the collection consists of: 
A limited edition version of bareMinerals best selling Perfecting Face Brush in gold (also the number one brush in the UK!)
Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Chase Your Dreams.
Colour boost palette in The Stolen Heart.
Eyeshadow Quad in The Instant Attraction. 
Also in the collection is the bareSkin serum bronzer, but unlike the others this item isn't limited edition so will be available from now on as a full line product.


First up is the brush. I definitely didn't need this brush as I have the original one and, well....who really needs two of the same brush right? It turns out the I need two of the same brush!


As you can see from the picture above, the gold version of the Perfecting Face Brush is a big longer and the handle is actually slightly wider all the way to the bottom of the brush. For some reason this feels slightly weightier and nice to use for me personally. This meant that I could totally justify buying myself the gold one. Also it came in that pretty box...so you know....there's that too... In terms of usage, it's the same as the normal brush, pop a bit of whatever liquid product in the dip and then buff away! I tend to actually use mine to put my Complexion Rescue and Primer on together in the morning but it can be used for the bareSkin foundation or bronzer or any other liquid foundation or product. 


Marvellous Moxie lipstick in Chase Your Dreams - If I had to pick one items that isn't quite me out of this collection, it would be this one. I like it but it's a bit too "my lips but a bit frosted" for me. I prefer a brighter colour generally but I do like this for a nude that isn't too nude look. The slight frost to it does enhance your lips with that slight glow and is in keeping with the glowing look created by this collection.


Chase Your Dreams swatch. This is one swipe of the lipstick and you can see it's pretty pigmented in just that one swipe!


Ah, my favourite of the whole bunch! Eyeshadow Quad in The Instant Attraction. Colours from top left (left to right) are: Whirlwind, Happenstance, Anticipation and Meant to be. You can see I've used this palette a lot since buying it a week or so ago! It's my one of my favourite palettes ever I think. This is mainly because it's almost like the loose eyeshadows but in a compact form, so easier to use but just as sparkly! As usual it comes with a double ended sponge applicator and a large mirror (covered with the box in this photo so I don't scare you all!)


A new thing that bareMinerals have introduced in the last few months is this handy guide on the box for the eyeshadows. I think this is such a good idea for customers who don't have time to sit down and try stuff on and also for people who love makeup but might be stuck in a rut and need ideas.


Swatches of the eyeshadows in natural lighting.
From top to bottom:
Meant to be - Sparkly brown
Anticipation - rose toned sparkle with gold flecks
Happenstance - champagne sparkle
Whirlwind - (my favourite out of them all) it looks like a fairly nondescript matte peach shade...but....


.....it actually has a lilac shift to it in certain lighting (you made need to move your monitor a bit to see it well!) I love this as a cheekbone highlighter too as it gives a new dimension to my cheekbones. Basically the more you blend it, the more of a lilac shift it gets. Love it!


The Stolen Heart Colour Boost - This duo blush and highlight is gorgeous and can be swirled together for a sheer highlighted blush or used individually for a more intense blush and sheer pearl highlight. I like the latter and really wish this highlight would come out separately. They did a limited edition highlighter in Turn On a while ago and this is like that one, but in a compact form. 


Top - swirled together
Left - Highlighter alone
Right - Blush alone



The final addition to the collection is the only one that is staying as a permanent piece, and that is the bareSkin Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer. This is the deluxe sample size that I had to try whilst I waited for my free full size one (perks of the job!) and it actually lasted me quite a long time actually. The idea behind this is that you can either a) use it alone for a healthy glow with minimal coverage b) use underneath foundation for a lit from within glow c) mix with foundation to make it a tad darker (perfect for Summer!) or d) use as an actual bronzer over your foundation.


It looks very dark when it first comes out of the bottle!


It's always quite runny so a brush is probably best to put it on with (hence the gold Perfecting Face Brush in this collection) If any of you have tried the bareSkin foundation, you'll find this easy to use despite it being a bit runnier than the foundation is, for those of you who haven't used the foundation it's really easy - just shake, drop and buff into your skin!


Once blended out on my very pale hand, you can see it just gives a healthy glow without looking obscenely dark on me. I was worried about how tanned I would look but actually, one drop just makes me look a bit healthier. I like to wear this under my foundation for a healthy glow from within look but that's only because I'm not a huge fan of bronzer in general as I feel like I'm very tanned very quickly and the very pale girl in me finds this odd!Haha! I've used it in various ways on customers and it's proved to be most popular (on my counter anyway) as a product to mix with customers current foundation to take it up a tone as Summer is round the corner (apparently....!) You can really see the glow on my hand in this picture!


Here is another picture of the bareSkin Bronzer in a different light. It's less glowy but you can see how it's got that subtle healthy glow about it.

So round up time:

Pros:
  • Pretty collection all round.
  • Everything is very pigmented and lends itself to a very pretty sunkissed look.
  • Packaging is cute.
  • Bronzer suits all skin types
Cons:
  • Limited edition - once it's gone, it's gone (except the liquid bronzer thankfully!)
  • Lipstick may not be universal for people who don't like frosted finishes.

Prices of items are (of March 2016):

Eyeshadow quad - £29
Colour Boost palette - £24
Brush - £24
Lipstick - £17
Bronzer - £25

I love that the prices of these items is the same as the non-limited edition versions - ie normal quads are £29 anyway.

I'm a big fan of this collection and this it might be one of the prettiest and most universal collections we've ever launched as a company. I just really want that highlighter colour to come out full size and full line!! So what do you guys think? Anything take your fancy from this collection? As always, leave me your thoughts below!

Until next time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them and try to respond to all of them!